Jan 23, 2010

Energy

It's amazing how much energy I have when I'm not at work.......that's got to be telling me something. Well I officially decided yesterday that I'm going to have them medically retire me from the military. I'm going to go home and be with my family. I got tons of options but just doing things one day at a time. I still got to tell my chain of command and talk to the doc about it. I get re-admitted to UCLA hospital tomorrow night so I'm going to have a bit of free time on my hands to handle things next week.


Another good read by Steven. He never ceases to amaze me.
I got some news last night that made me a bit upset but it was the last bit of salt to get thrown on the wound so I will do nothing but heal from here on out so I'm pretty excited.
I also decided to go to the gym today. I had to do something. My belly is still a bit swollen which means my liver function is still down so I know I'm crazy for even going but for those of you that know me...that's me. Got to be crazy to do what I do:) I almost had a breakdown. I know I'm going to have to start all over once I'm finally better and it's not easy but it's still hard to swallow. It's the mental breakdown of an athlete. I know everyone goes through it when a huge event occurs in their life...mine just happens to be a bit more serious than an injury....Stage 4 cancer. It's the biggest and hardest hurdle I will ever have to jump but once I jump it and I'm on the other side, so many great things will come out of me! Back to the gym, it was emotionally so hard to know I'm only performing at about 50%-60%, mentally hard to push through something that you know you are better at but physically your body isn't that strong anymore, and physically it just sucked. I know everyday it will get easier and I will be that much closer to getting back to normal again. After that went to breakfast and pigged out with the roomie!

Just did some cleans up to #105
2K row slow-9:29

No comments:

Post a Comment