Mar 5, 2010

Friday

Well another day down and it's the weekend. I'm pretty nervous for Monday. To find out the results from these scans.......we will know how this treatment is working for me.
I woke up this morning and decided I wanted to cook breakfast. I was tired of boring. I decided to cook pancakes. When I went Paleo, breakfast was the hardest thing to get it to taste good for me. I used to love pancakes, waffles, or french toast and now to replace it with substitutes was almost unacceptable for me. I have done many trial and error since I've started trying to make the perfect paleo pancake. First I started with the main ingredient of almond meal. Disgusting, to dry. I messed around with it a lot, trying to make the batter thinner and thinner so I wouldn't have to use half a bottle of maple syrup to make it taste better. Once it gets thin though you have to cook one pancake, forever, I don't have time for that. Recently I have found a good recipe that is chocolate coconut pancakes. Pretty good and no almond meal. I have found recipes that use a banana as the base and always put it off because it's pretty high in carb but decided to do it this morning and wha la, talk about a delicious pancake. It's the first moist pancake I've had since I switched and you honestly don't even need syrup if you don't want to. I put just a tad of organic strawberry jelly on it and it was awesome! I will give you the recipe just in case you want to try, oh and they cook like regular pancakes (don't take forever):

1 banana
1 egg
1 egg white (whisk stiff)
about 1/2 tsp baking powder
vanilla, cinnamon, salt (however much you want)
butter for pan

Mash banana and mix in egg and egg white. Batter should be a bit lumpy. Add rest of ingredients and mix. Go easy on the butter in the pan. I used just a little and it was almost to much. I like BIG pancakes and this made me 2. It was enough for me. Try to flip it before it gets black even just a little black and they will be perfect. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment