Feb 8, 2010

One more day

As always I was blessed by another awesome couple of days. I had a great weekend. Did so much I wore myself out for today. Saturday I actually got up and cooked breakfast and then went and watched the UFC at a friends' house. Sunday I went to church and then went to a friends' for Superbowl. Somehow on both days managed to whip up some quick things to eat as well for people at the parties. Oh and church was perfect too(well almost). I actually had tears for this one. I had some contradiction earlier in the week on somethings that were going on and it was crazy we actually talked about it at service. Answered all my questions. I also decided to go up to the front and pray with one of the pastors. I've been wanting to do this but was always so nervous, I was being pulled to the front for some reason on this day. So I talked with one of the pastors and explained everything to him and we started to pray. I immediately had tears come to my eyes as he spoke and I could feel the energy pouring out of him, it was amazing. Everything he prayed for was exactly what I have been wanting. It was so crazy. After he finished I gave him a big hug and said "thank you" like 50 times. Today, I was so wore out from the weekend I slept most of today. I did make it into the gym though:)


I love these videos.
I didn't want to make this a super long post but it looks as though it's going to be. I sat and thought this weekend about what would be the best way to get myself back. I'm just going to breakdown and build at a moderate rate. I'm not going to overdue it because it will only hurt me more than help so I'm thinking of slow ways to build as quick as my body will allow. It's all about listening to it now. As I sat and rolled out tonight in the gym I started speaking with one of the other trainers in my gym, Matt. Awesome dude and we have become friends along with a ton of others at CFV. I was talking about how hard everything is for me right now and he told me somethings that have given me new inspiration. He started talking about Lance Armstrong and his battle to live. As everyone knows Lance had cancer as well and was fighting for his life. Lance said he would of never won the Tour De France if he wouldn't of had cancer. I looked at Matt confused. I guess before cancer his upper body was to big. He lost so much weight once he got cancer, had to start ALL over, and even though he said it was hell, he got to build himself to be the athlete he wanted to be. This made a light go off in my head and a smile on my face. It made complete sense and it's exactly what I'm going to do. Thank you Matt! People 95lbs feels heavy to me....even just a squat. Any of you that know me this used to be warm-up weight for me. I too have shriveled up to nothing besides my little round belly (hehe). I now weigh around 130lbs. 6 months ago I was 152lbs. I haven't been this small since I did nothing but bad stuff in high school(sorry can't say, in the military still). I'm going to be able to do the same thing as Lance, build myself to be the athlete I want to be. I'm excited. Well I'll shut up now here is my WOD:

High Bar Back Squat (just enough to strain) 3,3,3
+
"JT"
21, 15, 9
HSPU
Ring Dips
Push-ups

HBBS-45, 80, 95
JT- did all modified with small band and knee pu took around 35 min or so. Wasn't timing just wanted to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment