Dec 5, 2009

34/42; 15/52

I had an excellent day today...well for me. I was awake all day up until now. I'm sleepy. I got to hang out with my girlfriend Karla which I haven't seen since I was in San Diego about a year and a half ago. She came over and hung out while I finished some stuff, then we went to the movies, and then dinner. I love friends especially old ones because you know they will always be there for you and vice versa.


So today was the day of the Lumberjack 20. My gym participated in this and it was an honor to watch(wished I could of done it but not ready yet) and cheer everyone on as they pushed their heart and soul through this workout remembering our fallen soldiers from Fort Hood last month. My opinion on the whole thing, I think it's disgusting that someone like that made it into the military and was in for as long as he was. I wished I could of been there to give him my Sparta kick and then take his gun and shoot him with it. How dare them.
Anyways, on to my WOD:

A1. High bar back squat @ 40x2; 4-6x4; rest 120sec b/t sets
A2. Strict Supinated Pull-ups @ 30x1; 3-5x4; rest 120sec b/t sets (add weight if complete 5)
+
3 Rounds:
Run 400m @ 80%
Row 500m @ 80%

rest 2 minutes b/t rounds

A1. DNF
A2. BW, 5, 10, 15
4:02, 4:03, 3:59

I was going to do the back squats but since all the bars were being used today I had to skip it which is probably better with my leg sill being a bit swollen even though today it almost looked normal again so I figure a couple more days. The pull-ups were hard with the weight, I only got 4 at 15lbs. On the metcon (thanks Colin even 80% is nice) I ran faster than I wanted but it felt like 80% to me. So unless I got faster compared to before I was running about 95%. Row was perfect though because I could just watch the screen the whole time. Goal was 2:00-2:02 pace. Kept it for the most part. On to Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment